 Identity
 --------

 Jochen's GPG key is signed by Christoph Baumann <cgb@debian.org> in
 turn signed by Michael Meskes:

 pub  1024D/211B1025 1999-12-27 Jochen Voss <voss@mathematik.uni-kl.de>
 sig!       211B1025 1999-12-27  Jochen Voss <voss@mathematik.uni-kl.de>
 sig!       133108EA 2001-03-15  Christoph Baumann <chris@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de>
 uid                            Jochen Voss <jvoss2@gmx.de>

 Jochen would like to have "voss" as his login on Debian machines, and
 have his debian mail forwarded to jvoss2@gmx.de

 Philosophy & Procedures
 -----------------------

 I asked Jochen to explain the Social Contract to me, which he did to my
 satisfaction.  I aslo asked him about the Developers Reference and
 Debian Policy, to which he replied:

    "I did never read these two texts as a whole (As I did not do with
    my phone book).  But I used these several times to look up some
    information, and thus will have skimmed through most of the text."

 After discussing packaging and licensing issues with him, I'm sure his
 "skimming" has been much more than that.

 Regarding licensing issues, he's very careful and I think he has a good
 understanding of the DFSG.  We took some time to discuss licensing
 concepts (e.g., "Public Domain", something that doesn't exist in
 Germany) and the difference between "linking" and "distributing" from a
 licensing POV.

 Tasks & Skills
 --------------

 Jochen has adopted the chbg package and has done a good job with it.
 He also wants to adopt some other orphaned packages and upload programs
 of his own to Debian, for example "sanduhr" (hourglass), a really nice
 timer integrated with GNOME.  Jochen is upstream for a package that's
 been in Debian for some years and that has caused much redirection of
 developing time and has provided stress relief as well, namely: moon
 buggy.  As the moon-buggy bug package reveals, Joss is a very
 responsive upstream.

 Recommendation

 I joyfully recommend Jochen to be accepted as a Debian Developer.

--
Marcelo