Re: Reaping non-advocated applicants

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Brian Russo wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 11:10:17AM -0500, Gopal Narayanan wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 01:52:37AM -1000, Brian Russo wrote:
> > > is it really that hard for a "good applicant" to get
> > > advocated within a 4 week period?
> > >
> > > besides, they can always re-apply
> > > once they get advocated.
> > >

> > But then they have to get back to the back of the queue. I was
> > envisioning a queue handling process by which the from the pool of
> > applicants, the first advocated applicant is handed over to the next
> > AM. This way the applicants retain their place in the queue and once
> > they get advocated, can be processed quicker.
>
> good point.
> i'm swayed.

I don't think that is as important: Since the introdution of the advocate
the queue of people waiting to get an AM assigned is getting smaller.
Currently, there are 4 (in words: four) advocated people waiting for an
AM, with a maximum waiting time of one week. In the very near future the
queue might be completely empty.

cu
Adrian

--

Nicht weil die Dinge schwierig sind wagen wir sie nicht,
sondern weil wir sie nicht wagen sind sie schwierig.