Re: Problem on whoisam.php page!

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 03:48:05PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > I think we should completely remove the personal email addresses from that
> > page. It's just a gift to spammer bots, nobody else needs that list anyway.
>
>  That reason is nonsense.  There are tons of other pages where the mail
> adresses are listed, too; even with mailto: links (that might be
> prefered by such bots, I guess).  Just think of the mailarchives or the
> w.d.o/devel/people page.

1) The existence of other sources is a reason FOR removal of this, not
   against. Who needs redundancy?
2) In the other sources I get to pick which address I will let the
   spammers abuse -- here, an address is used against my wishes.
3) Let me reiterate that nobody but spammers needs that list anyway. An NM
   knows the address of their AM because they contacted him. The Front desk
   knows the address because they're omnipotent :) And others know the
   address from those other pages.