AM report for Jesus Gonzalez-Barahona

AM Report for Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona

Maintainer.

Identification
--------------

Jesus provided the following GPG key (attached):

pub  1024D/870AE0C9 1999-12-31 Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona (jgb) <jgb@barrapunto.com>
sig        870AE0C9 1999-12-31  Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona (jgb) <jgb@barrapunto.com>
sig        DC814B09 2000-09-01  Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@debian.org>
uid                            Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona (jgb) <jgb@computer.org>
sig        870AE0C9 2000-04-19  Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona (jgb) <jgb@barrapunto.com>
sig        DC814B09 2000-09-01  Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@debian.org>
sub  1024g/E4E471A9 1999-12-31
sig        870AE0C9 1999-12-31  Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona (jgb) <jgb@barrapunto.com>

It is signed by Fernandez-Sanguino Pena, whose fingerprint matches
what is held in db.debian.org.

Identification Check Passed

Policy and Procedures
---------------------

Jesus and I discussed the Social Contract and the DFSG. He
demonstrated to me that he understands the principles and extent of
these documents, and that he is aware of the responsibilities of a
debian maintainer. He also explicitly agreed to abide by the DMUP. He
also answered some questions on copyrights and licenses to my
satisfaction.

Policy and Procedures Check Passed

Tasks and Skills
----------------

Jesus says he has been involved with free software for 10 years
now. He is one of the members of La Espiral
(http://www.laespiral.org), and has been already involved in Spanish
translations of the Debian webpages. He also says:

 "I'm also a member of the European Working Group on Libre Software
 (http://eu.conecta.it), of Hispalinux (the Spanish Linux User
 association), and I'm one of the coordiantors of Eurolinux campaign
 against swpatent in Spain".

He also has packaged many perl modules for slash and its new version
Bender. I took a look at a couple and after one iteration they are
lintian clean. Jesus has read through the documents covering the
Debian BTS.  All in all, I think Jesus shows the skills and the
experience necessary to be a debian developer and will make a great
addition to the debian developer community.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer