AM report for Glenn McGrath

Hello,
I got Glenn's application after he had had another AM, but I restarted it.

1. Identification
-----------------

Glenn has his key signed by many developers.
pub  1024D/788B94BF 2000-11-12 Glenn McGrath <bug1@optushome.com.au>
sig        788B94BF 2000-11-12  Glenn McGrath <bug1@optushome.com.au>
sig        DE3E8AA7 2000-11-13  Timshel Knoll <timshel@pobox.com>
sig        B4E24219 2000-11-13  Chris Leishman <masklin@debian.org>
sig        00530C24 2001-01-13  Brian May <bam@debian.org>
sig        0FD60A55 2001-01-14  Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au>
sig        EFA6B9D5 2001-01-13  Hamish Moffatt <moffatt@cs.rmit.edu.au>
sub  1024g/AD5A37F8 2000-11-12
sig        788B94BF 2000-11-12  Glenn McGrath <bug1@optushome.com.au>

2. Policy & Procedures
----------------------

Glenn answered answers about DFSG, Social Contract, non-free licenses,
NMU's, BTS, etc. correctly.
He accepts to abide to the DFSG while working for Debian and accepts the
conditions of the DMUP.

3. Task & Skills
----------------

Glenn has worked for some time with the -boot team. Actually he is focused
with the new installer project, debian-installer. Some quotes:
Joey Hess wrote:
- He's one of the few NM applicants who actually bothers to get involved
  with an important project in Debian instead of sitting in queue or
  uploading some package.
- He can code C and shell at a reasonable proficiency level.
- He knows how to use CVS.
- He's an ok guy to work with.

Adam di Carlo wrote:
Well, I can state that he's submitted stuff for both boot-floppies and
debian-installer, and that his help there was appreciated, and I
haven't had any problems working with him.

He is working on a Kuzdu package, the RedHat hw detection program. It has
some things to work out as it has some RedHatisms hardcoded in the program,
but the packaging was nice.

SUMMARY
-------

I think he's more than ready to become a developer.

Thanks,
Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E