AM Report for Hugo van der Merwe

--------------------------------

Applicant Information:

Name: Hugo van der Merwe
Current Email: hugovdm@mail.com
Preferred Debian Account Name: hvdm forwarded to hvdm@debian.org

He would like to establish his own .forward file. If you need to set one up
now, please use hugovdm@mail.com.

Identification
--------------

The Applicant has provided the following GPG key (attached):

pub  1024D/60715698 2000-06-12 Hugo van der Merwe <hugovdm@mail.com>
Key fingerprint = 5F2E 8EC2 E0A4 5D25 0569  F281 4A6C D76D 6071 5698
sub  1024g/BEB5464C 2000-06-12

The Applicant's key has not been signed. I have received a signed image of his
government issued identification and I have verified this image as being his
likeness by contacting Professor van der Walt, Dean of Engineering at the
University of Stellenbosch.

Identification Check Passed

Policy and Procedures
---------------------

Hugo agrees with the Social Contract and the DFSG. Over the exchange
of a couple of emails, he demonstrated to me that he understands the
principles and extent of these documents, and that he is aware of the
responsibilities of a debian maintainer. His answers to my questions
on copyrights and licenses convinces me that he knows what is "free"
and "non-free".

I am extremely pleased with his answers, in fact.

Policy and Procedures Check Passed

Tasks and Skills

Hugo is the maintainer of 'oregano', an electronic schematic capture app that
has already been uploaded to unstable via his sponsor. I have revied the
package and find it simple but adequate. I am of the opinion that Hugo does
have the necessary Skills to become a Package Maintainer.

Tasks and Skills Check Passed

--
Luca Filipozzi
[dpkg] We are the apt. Resistance is futile. You will be packaged.