AM report for Michael Weber

Summary for Michael Weber <michael.weber@post.rwth-aachen.de>

Identity
--------

There were no Debian developers close to Michael, so I accepted
his photo ID.  However, Michael will return to Aachen in a couple
of months and meet some DDs, so he will eventually get integrated
in Debian's web of trust.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Michael summarized the DFSG and the SC in great detail and showed
a very clear understanding.  He pointed out the problems with
mpg123's license and explained the differences between main, non-free
and contrib.  Michael knows about NMUs, closing bugs and lintian.
I was very impressed by one part of his answer to my question what
he would do if he couldn't fix a bug in his package: "ask myself,
whether I am the right guy to maintain this package, if this happens
regularly."

Tasks & Skills
sponsorship because Aaron didn't have time anymore.  William has
"looked at his packages in some detail" and he "can recommend him
wholeheartedly."

In addition to the packages already in unstable, Michael has
packages of c2hs, nhc98 and hmake ready.

Recommendation

I recommend that Michael be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com