Re: AM Mini-HOWTO

Hi.

In <[🔎] 20000922113135.B1413@mclink.it>,
 on "Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:31:35 +0200",
  Christian Surchi <csurchi@debian.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 06:19:19AM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
>
> > Our seb sites are generated from wml, so I don't think sgml works well
> > in this case.

sorry, obviously my typo.  "Our seb sites" -> "Our web sites"

> I don't know if there some rules about writing documentation. Someone
> told me our format was html. I don't know it it's true, but I think we
> should adopt a good format to write documentation. I don't know wml,
> only more or less some features, so I can't understand what we should
> use.

I think Debian uses several format.  DDP usually uses debiandoc-sgml,
but www team uses wml.

And in this case of New Maint AM HOWTO, the author, Julian Gilbey,
wrote that he uses plain text to make it easily used in emails.
So, I just respect the author's decision.

Translating the plain text into wml is not so difficult task in this case.
It is just to replace some symbols ("<" with "&lt;" and ">" with "&gt;"),
to enclose the titles (for text and sections) with the tags ("<H3>" and "</H3>"),
to enclose the text contents with the tags ("<PRE>" and "</PRE>"),
and to format some lists ("<UL>","<LI>","</LI>","</UL>" are used).

If the text is long, it is just boring task and it takes long, but not
so difficult one.

Regards.
--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>