Re: RFC: Changing the NM system

I agree with Adrian in that there is a problem with the current NM process.
We probably all have seen applicants who are not ready for debian and
who applied before having prepared sufficient evidence of their skills.

Maybe the current inscription process in the NM queue is not sufficiently
demanding. Just asking people to submit their name and email address
seems a bit too simple to me. When I applied I had to sit down one
evening to prepare a proper application letter, explaining my
motivations, skills and intentions. Why has this requirement been dropped?

Maybe we could also change the order in the NM process and require T&S
to be passed first.

-Ralf.