Re: AM report on Hector Garcia

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Craig Small wrote:

> Packaged yard http://merlin.lared.es/hector/yard
> Yard looks like a clean build and it was lintian clean.
> T&S passed

He adopted the orphaned package. But debian/changelog says only:

yard (2.0-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream version

 -- Hector Garcia <hector@scouts-es.org>  Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:05:31 +0100

Please tell him he MUST mention the other changes he did in the changelog
including the changes where he closed bugs or that he is the new
maintainer. It's very annoying and makes much work if you can't see in the
changelog what changed.

His package doesn't build (one thing he doesn't mention in the changelog
is he made a new debian/rules...):
./configure
Checking your version of cp...OK
Both lstat and -l seem to work -- good
ERROR, your ldconfig does not have a -r (chroot) option.
Please upgrade to a newer version that has this option.
Yard now depends upon it.
touch configure-stamp
dh_testdir
# Add here commands to compile the package.
make
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/yard-2.0'
make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yard-2.0'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

Is this package really good enough for a "T&S passed" ???
I recommend that Hector is not yet accepted as a Debian Maintainer.

cu,
Adrian

BTW: I started making a QA upload for yard some time ago but forgot to
     upload it correctly. I've send Hector my diff.

                -- Mahatma Ghandi