AM report for Eric Sharkey

Summary for Eric Sharkey <sharkey@superk.physics.sunysb.edu>

Identity
--------

Eric recently met Adam Di Carlo, and they did key signing.

pub  1024D/2224FABC 2000-11-04 Eric Sharkey <sharkey@superk.physics.sunysb.edu>
sig        FD5A67CD 2000-12-07  Adam Di Carlo <aph@debian.org>

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Eric gave me very verbose answeres to my philosophy questions and
showed a very good understanding of the issues.  When CERNLIB (one of
the core software packages used by most high energy physicists) was
trying to go "open source", he pointed out a problem with their
license.  Eric is also a user of the BTS -- he has submitted many
bugs already, and knows how to deal with the BTS.  Additionally,
he explained NMUs to me.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Eric has packaged "msttcorefonts" (basically an installer for non-free
TT fonts) and is working on "unprint" together with another Debian
developer.  He has also submitted code to free software projects like
gnuplot and xarchon.  Debian developer Adam Di Carlo, who recently
met Eric in real life, recommends him, saying "he is a long time user of
Debian, knows the system well, and knows the benefits of Free Software
well.  His background is in scientific work.  He seems like a competent
person who would be a valuable addition to Debian."  I can only agree
with Adam.

Recommendation

I recommend that Eric be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com