Re: task & skills

On Tuesday 28 November 2000 02:51, James Troup wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a reminder (? hopefully); if an applicant is joining Debian as a
> packager, he must have a package ready to adopt, package whatever.  It
> doesn't have to be ready to upload the instant he becomes a
> maintainer, but he must at least be working on a specific package.
> I'm not going to accept (or spend time on) applicants who are going to
> maybe package something at some unspecified date in the future.
>
> Any applicants who do get past to the DAM like this will not get
> approved but simply be put on hold until they do have something
> packaged (at which point, they will be returned to their AM for T&S
> re-evaluation).
>
> If this upsets anyone greatly, now would be a good time to shout.

Probably I am missing something or it's a new approach to applicants.
I see some "quick" new maintaners in nm.debian.org who have no any package
yet in woody (or this information is secret and I dont'think about just ITP's
only). I see also some "processed" (but not quickly) applicants who have
already their packages in woody.

Mariusz

--
Mariusz Przygodzki        |  Good judgement comes from experience.
dune@home.pl              |  Experience comes from bad judgement.