Applicant Information:

Name: Matt Kraai
Current Email: kraai@alumni.carnegiemellon.edu
Preferred Debian Account Name: kraai@debian.org forwarded to
kraai@alumni.carnegiemellon.edu

a Debian Maintainer.

Identification
--------------

Matt provided the following GPG key (attached):

pub  1024D/1557BC10 2000-02-21 Matt Kraai <kraai@alumni.carnegiemellon.edu>
sig        1557BC10 2000-05-21  Matt Kraai <kraai@alumni.carnegiemellon.edu>
sig        30D39057 2000-09-16  Erik Andersen <andersee@debian.org>
sig        FC4CFFED 2000-09-16  Erik Andersen <andersee@debian.org>
sub  1024g/31FD2C68 2000-02-21
sig        1557BC10 2000-02-21  Matt Kraai <kraai@alumni.carnegiemellon.edu>

It is signed by Erik Andersen, who is a debian developer. I contacted
Erik, who informed me that he knew Matt, and recommended his
acceptance.

Identification Check Passed

Policy and Procedures
---------------------

Matt agrees with the Social Contract and the DFSG. He also has read
and agrees to abide by the DMUP. Over the exchange of a couple of
emails, he demonstrated to me that he understands the DFSG, and that
he is aware of the responsibilities of a debian maintainer. His
answers to my questions on copyrights and licenses convinces me that
he knows what is "free" and "non-free".

Policy and Procedures Check Passed

Tasks and Skills
----------------

Matt is already maintaining thrust (which he adopted from Joey Hess)
under the sponsorship of Erik Andersen. In the future, Matt wants to
try to package the pgp keyserver and the GNU Free Software Directory
(over which he recently took maintainership). He also wants to help
with making Debian more accessible, by improving the documentation
(faqomatic, webpages, and manpages), and also in installation (he is
an active contributor to BusyBox, as is evident in the bug tracking
pages on lineo.com). I think Matt will be a valuable addition to the
debian developer community!

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer