AM report on Cody Pisto

Application for Debian Maintainer -- Cody Pisto

Identification:
- ---------------

 Cody supplied the attached gpg key, signed by 2 developers
 and a copy of photo ID:

 gpg --list-sigs cody
 pub  1024D/775D4E2B 2000-01-14 Cody Pisto <cpisto@flash.net>
 sig        775D4E2B 2000-01-14  Cody Pisto <cpisto@flash.net>
 sig        A70F3FC2 2000-04-30  Adam Klein <aklein@debian.org>
 sig        6FF0ABF2 2000-05-01  Robert Woodcock <rcw@debian.org>
 sub  1024g/3A3BAED6 2000-01-14
 sig        775D4E2B 2000-01-14  Cody Pisto <cpisto@flash.net>

Philosophy & Procedures
- -----------------------
 Agrees with Debian philosophy and could explain the DFSG,
 "Free Software" and other points in detail. Thunder-: is
 an active participant on IRC. Attached letter.

Tasks & Skills
- --------------
 Has packaged spruce, a GTK+ MUA package, and would like
 to help the ppc port, and pick up other packages. The
 spruce package is lintian clean and GPL'ed. Attached
 letter.

Administrivia
- -------------
 Debian login: thunder
 Forwarding email: cpisto@flash.net
 Phone: (206)934-8925

Recommendation
- --------------
 I recommend that Cody be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

- --
Jim Westveer <jwest@debian.org>

oops, last email was from wrong address and not signed, here it is again
with those problems corrected ;-)

OK, first of all, im very sorry this took so long, I had it done long ago, I
just got into a very busy period with work, family, and school all rolling
into one small day-week-month ;-)

1.) attached is my armor ascii (not detached) signed .png of my ID

and..

2.)
I have read, fully understand, and intend to uphold every ideal outlined in
the Debian Social Contract and Free Software Guidelines, I agree with their
principle to the fullest extent possible, including but not limited to the
five central ideas of the contact and the interpretation of licenses which
uphold the "three freedoms" of a Free Software license. I fully intend to
follow Debian policy whenever and wherever it is deemed necessary.

3.)
My intention is to help the ppc port, by working on architecture specific
issues and donating a G3 or G4 machine to the project. I also currently
maintain the spruce GTK+ MUA package (sponsored by Randolph Chung
<tausq@debian.org>) and would like to maintain more packages as they come.

Thanks again for your time, and just so you know im back in Seattle at the
UW until christmas (at which point i am transfering to the University of
Arizona) I would really like to meet you in person before such time.

ttyl

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 06:27:57PM -0700, Jim Westveer wrote:

> On 11-Aug-2000 Cody Pisto wrote:
> > attached is a copy of my original letter of application
> > --
> > Cody Pisto - cpisto@u.washington.edu
> > Debian/GNU Linux - http://www.debian.org
> <snip>
>

> Ok, pedantic things.
>
> 1.)
>
> Your GPG key is fine. What I got was:
> pub  1024D/775D4E2B 2000-01-14 Cody Pisto <cpisto@flash.net>
> sig        775D4E2B 2000-01-14  Cody Pisto <cpisto@flash.net>
> sig        A70F3FC2 2000-04-30  Adam Klein <aklein@debian.org>
> sig        6FF0ABF2 2000-05-01  [User id not found]
> sub  1024g/3A3BAED6 2000-01-14
> sig        775D4E2B 2000-01-14  Cody Pisto <cpisto@flash.net>
>
> I will verify Adam's signature.
>

> Then sign the wonderfull .png of your ID, (armor ascii)
> and forward that off to me. (not detached signature)
>
> Something like  gpg -a -s (file-name)  will create (file-name).asc
>
> to check that all happened appropriately, you can decrypt with
> gpg --decrypt -o (output-file-name) (file-name).asc
>
> Yea pedantic, I know. but thems the rules.
> After I get this from you, and contact Adam, the Identification
> section will be complete.
>
> ------------
>
> 2.)
>
> Philosophy section:
> http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step3
>
> Give me a short paragraph, reference above link.
> I know you can do it.... ;-)
>

> ---------
>
> 3.)
>
> Tasks section
> lets go with :
>
> My intention is to help the ppc port, by working on architecture specific
> issues and donating a G3 or G4 machine to the project. I also currently
> maintain the spruce GTK+ MUA package (sponsored by Randolph Chung
> <tausq@debian.org>) and would like to maintain more packages as they come.
>

> ------
>

> OK ???
>

> --
> Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
> "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with sendmail.cf.
> "It never does quite what I want."
> "I wish Christopher Robin were here.".
> E-Mail: jwest@netnw.com               jwest@debian.org
> work :  425-591-3002                  Date: 10-Aug-2000
> home    425-392-0141                  Time: 18:07:39
> pgp-key 0x36129171                    gpg-key 0x9823336C

Cody Pisto			| cody@hpcs.com
Senior Systems Administrator	|
HPC Solutions, LLC.		| http://www.hpcs.com