Re: your mail

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Craig Small wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 02:44:49PM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> > Is there a way for an applicant to update/change the details they
> > originally gave ?

The applicant can edit these things on the web page interface. (at least I
think they can. If they can't do this, they can contact the FD and I'll
fix it)

> > If someone is on hold because they couldnt be contact, and the applicant
> > knows they are on hold, what do they do about it ?
> They email new-maintainer@debian.org

No! They should contact their AM and re-establish contact.

> > Im an applicant, my email has changed, i was assigned an application
> > manager two weeks ago but havent been in contact with him yet. I have
> > emailed my application manager with my new email address and mentioned
> > it here.... im not in a big hurry, so i dont mind waiting, but i wouldnt
> > like to be put on hold because of not following procedures i wasnt aware
> > of.
> How would your AM contact you to say you were on hold if your email
> address was wrong? You have to tell the Front Desk or re-apply there
> is no way of divining what is going on otherwise.

OK, this is a problem for the AM, who can't contact someone they don't
have a valid address for.

It isn't the AMs responsibility to do this, it is the applicants.

If the applicant can't reach their assigned AM, only then should they
contact the Front Desk for re-assignment.

Luck,

Dwarf