Applicant Information:

Name: David Schleef
Current Email: ds@schleef.org
Preferred Debian Account Name: ds@debian.org forwarded to
ds@schleef.org.

a Debian Maintainer.

Identification
--------------

David provided the following GPG key (attached):

pub  1024D/D6D549AA 2000-08-17 David Schleef <ds@schleef.org>
sig        D6D549AA 2000-08-17  David Schleef <ds@schleef.org>
sig        FC4CFFED 2000-08-21  Erik Andersen <andersee@debian.org>
sig        30D39057 2000-08-21  Erik Andersen <andersee@debian.org>
sub  1024g/D58ABB8E 2000-08-17
sig        D6D549AA 2000-08-17  David Schleef <ds@schleef.org>

It is signed by Erik Andersen, who is a debian developer. I contacted
Erik, who informed me that he knew David, and recommended his
acceptance.

Identification Check Passed

Policy and Procedures
---------------------

Dave agrees with the Social Contract and the DFSG. Over the exchange
of a couple of emails, he demonstrated to me that he understands the
principles and extent of these documents, and that he is aware of the
responsibilities of a debian maintainer. His answers to my questions
on copyrights and licenses convinces me that he knows what is "free"
and "non-free".

Policy and Procedures Check Passed

Tasks and Skills
----------------

Dave is the upstream maintainer of comedilib, a driver interface
library for data acquisition software. He has already debianized it. I
took a look at the packages which were fine except for a couple of
lintian errors, which he subsequently fixed. He is also one of the
developers in the RTAI project. He wants to make debian packages of
RTAI, RTLinux, and cross compilers as well. I was impressed with the
number of data acquisition boards already covered by comedilib. He
says he is fully funded to do OSS full-time! I think Dave will be a
valuable addition to the debian developer community!

Gopal

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer