Final Report on Roberto Suarez Sots

Final Report for Roberto Soto Suarez <ask4it@bigfoot.com>

Roberto has completed the new-maintainer checklist to my satisfaction.
I recommend that he be accepted as a Debian developer.

      First name: Roberto
       Last name: Suarez Soto [*]
  Current e-mail: <ask4it@bigfoot.com>
  Desired e-mail: <turgon@debian.org>, forwarded to <ask4it@bigfoot.com>

  [*] I must admit that I am woefully ignorant of Spanish naming customs.
      I do not know for sure if "Suarez Soto" would be considered his
      "last name", or just "Soto". IIRC, though, I have it right....

GPG Key:

   The GPG public key Roberto provided is attatched to this report,
   and bears the following ID and Fingerprint:

   pub  2048R/0AB1305D 1999-05-02 Roberto Suarez Soto <ask4it@biosys.net>
        Key fingerprint = A4 E5 F3 AC DD 83 F0 84  D8 CF D4 9A D4 4B EE 68
   uid                            Roberto Suarez Soto <ask4it@gpul.org>
   uid                            Roberto Suarez Soto <ask4it@bigfoot.com>
   uid                            Roberto Suarez Soto <ask4it@pulemil.com>

   The key bears these signatures by Developers:

   (o) Fernando Sanchez <fer@debian.org>

Identification

   Roberto's GPG key was signed by a current Developer. His identity
   is therefore considered adequately verified.

Philosophy and Procedures

   Roberto has a package prepared for upload. Here's the gaff:
   It is not lintian clean. When I called him on that, he was
   able to cite "chapter and verse" as to why it was not clean,
   and to cite Bug #53890 to show me that his package was still
   correct, lintian's complaints notwithstanding. :^)

   So, he obvoulsly understands Policies and Proceedures....

   As far as Philosophy, he groks the FS/OS culture independent
   of the DSC and DFSG. And he gave me a fairly strong statement
   that he understands and agrees with the DSC and DFSG as well.
   He is well versed in Debian lore. :^)

Tasks and Skills

   Roberto has a package ready for immediate upload, called
   "ez-ipupdate", which is a client for dynamic DNS systems.

   He is also interested in joining the Translation efforts
   for Galician (Spanish dialect?) language.

Evaluation and Check-in

   He describes himself as an "end-user with a lot of curiosity".
   I find that to be an understatement. :^)

   I think he groks Debian better than *I* do, and I'm the one
   tasked with checking *his* pedigree. ;^>

   IMHO, he will make a series of excellent contributions to the Project.

Since this report bears no photo ID, I have cross-posted it in it's
entirety to new-maintainer, da-manager, and debian-newmaint-admin.

Cheers!
/ Clay Crouch, UNIX Weenie ;^>     | <danno@danno.tzo.com>           \
| Debian Package Maintainer        | <danno@debian.org>              |
|    "Away put your weapon; I mean you no harm." -- Master Yoda      |
| 1024D/7D2AD631: 2319 2356 FEDF 4631 63F3 762A E443 1C2A 7D2A D631  |