Re: netscape crashes on applicants' status pages

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 09:59:39PM -0400, Gopal Narayanan wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 03:45:19AM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > my netscape (4-75-2 on woody) crashes almost always  when I click on
> > an applicant in the "All Applicants" listing (except for "my" current
> > applicant). Anyone else observing this? Is it intendend to hide applicant
> > status pages from other AMs? -Ralf.
>
> For me as well. OTOH, when I am not logged in as an AM, no
> problem. Methinks it is a bug.

   4.75 worked for me on those pages, but crashes so often on other things
that I've gone back to 4.73.  Some Javascript I was hacking (based on the
netscape universal presentation tech note), *Javascript that came straight
from Netscape* crashed 4.75 every time.  On the application pages I'm
especially suspicious of <FONT face="Arial,Helvetica"> triggering the bug,
since the presentation I was working on used Arial, Helvetica, or Sans-Serif
in a (nonstandard) very large size if available.
   4.75's survivability depends on what font and javascript options you've
chosen?  I don't know, but 4.73 is a lot more stable.