Re: opusfile 0.12

On 06/05/2021 14:58, IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU) wrote:
what makes you think so?
have you contacted them?

No, I haven't contacted them directly, but because of these reasons:

 * I sent this request one year ago to update opusfile, without an answer
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=935591#10
 * I sent this request one year ago to update opus-tools, without an answer
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=910261#10
 * I sent this request one year ago to update Speex and SpeexDSP,
   without an answer
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=949717
 * A request 10 months ago to update xf86-input-wacom, without an answer
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=964106
 * opus had to be NMUed to 1.3.1-0.1
   <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=934809>
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=934809
 * libogg had to be NMUed to 1.3.4-0.1
   <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=894158>
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=894158
 * All these issues (filed 10 months ago) will block the removal of
   debhelper compat 5 and 6 in bookworm, all without answers:
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=965759
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=965762
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=965897
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=965827
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=965733
     o https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=965673

And in general the maintainer did not touch their packages in ~3 years.

That's why I concluded that the maintainer could have lost interest in maintaining their packages.