Re: Linux PTP Debian package

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 8:32 PM Tino Mettler <tino.mettler@tikei.de> wrote:

> Am 26.10.2020 um 12:26 schrieb Punit Agrawal <punitagrawal@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am writing with regards to the "linuxptp" package in debian. The
> > version in Debian is quite old and looks to be missing recent
> > functionality and spec upgrades. There's been a few upstream releases
> > since the last upload. I have used the software in the past but also
> > it's currently being looked into a bit in my day job.
> >
> > I was looking to do an upload but thought to check with you first. I
> > have v3.1 compiling locally but it looks like the package can also
> > benefit from reworking some of the service units, configuration and a
> > general refresh.
> >
> > I am a DD and have experience maintaining packages - I think I should
> > be able to get things done independently. Ofcourse input / patches are
> > always welcome.
> >
> > Let me know what you think.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I already prepared the mentioned reworking of the service units. I'll polish this a bit and push it to Salsa during the next days. Maybe you can look over it and/or contribute further improvements.

Thanks for the quick reply, Tino.
That sounds great - I can take a look at your commits and build on top of them.

Also, could you please push the debian/1.9.2-1 tag to the master
branch? The released package and the branch are out of sync - once
they are in sync, the delta can be added on top as newer commits.

Let me know once you've pushed stuff onto salsa. Also, if there's
anything I can help with.

Thanks,
Punit