Strange Bluetooth audio behavior when on Wayland

Hi list,

When I use a Bluetooth audio device with PulseAudio *in a KDE Wayland
session*, my audio is distorted and weird and sounds kinda like it's
clipping. The same sound sources, played in the same software, with the
same Bluetooth device, sound just fine in KDE X sessions. Playing
through headphones is just fine, also under Wayland.

I feel quite motivated to try to chase down what's causing this – has
anyone experienced anything like it? Am I overlooking a well-known bug
or misconfiguration?

Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to this list.

Thanks!

 -- Gard