Re: Hydrogen drums

Hi Wido,

Thanks for letting us know.

With Hydrogen being ported to QT5 it should be possible to reintroduce
Hydrogen. We would need to reopen all the closed bugs etc. and confirm
whether they are fixed in the new version, and follow the process of
introducing a new package.

It would be helpful if you could submit a Request For Package (RFP) bug
for it:
https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

On 11/04/2020 07:11, Wido wrote:
> Dear devs and mainteiners, I wanted to let you know, in case you don't
> already, that hydrogen has a GitHub repository and they have even
> released a new beta for version 1, a couple days ago.
>
> The repo is here: https://github.com/hydrogen-music/hydrogen
>
> I wanted to ask if there are any plans to add it again to Debian.

I note that Erich Eickmeyer has already packaged the Beta versions for
Ubuntu Studio (it would have been a disaster for Ubuntu Studio not to
have Hydrogen for the Ubuntu 20.04 release). We could merge his
packaging work into our Salsa repository to speed things up:
https://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntustudio-dev/+git/hydrogen

We could package the Beta and upload it to Experimental, or wait for the
final release.

Regards,

Ross