Cddb closing down

I guess you are aware, but the servers that cddb use are closing down
on March 31st - see http://freedb.org :

>Urgent notice
>
>freedb.org and its services will be shut down on March 31st of 2020.

and

https://liliputing.com/2019/12/freedb-is-shutting-down-in-march-2020-free-music-database.html

I am the maintainer of the cd-ripper asunder (which isn't in the
multimedia team, but very much could be) which uses cddb, and have
provided help with migrating to the musicbrainz service instead.
(Nothing committed yet, but patch available in the upstream BTS).

I am tracking this in asunder in the debian bts at

https://bugs.debian.org/950815

Since the server is closing down, and I haven't found anything about
this in the bts or mailinglist, so I thought I would bring it to your
attention.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
gusnan@debian.org