Re: Non-Session-Manager

Hi,

It's actually quite strange for just a regular Linux user, that a package like NSM / Non-Daw is very easy to build on your local system, with little dependencies, but gives so much headaches to get it in a Debian. Probably no one to blame, but it can be quite a disadvantage of the open source environment.

Anyway, someone made a other GUI for NSM, it also uses the nsmd server API, so sessions are 100% compatible with the ones made in the default NSM GUI.

That will be a more easy candidate to package it in Debian:

https://laborejo.org/argodejo/

Still quite a shame that I've to conclude that Non-Daw / NSM is still not in Debian after all these years.  Especially NSM, Non-mixer and Non-Timeline should be in Debian of course, because it's nice software. Moreover I think it is a nice example of a modular (KISS) design for music production in a environment with the JACK. It's very lightweight software, so it would also be a great candidate for Raspbian.

http://non.tuxfamily.org/

Cheers.

\r