Re: Looking for a sponsor for my multimedia converter

Hi Norbert,

some remarks on the package:

- You are apparently missing some Build-Depends. According to
configure.ac the package needs at least a2x, w3m and xmllint to build.
I haven't checked any further for missing dependencies.
- You have hard-coded dependencies on shared library packages in
debian/control. This is not acceptable! It is the ${shlibs:Depends}
variable's job to take care of this.
- Could you please extend the extended description a bit? You used some
nice wording in the ITP/RFP bugs.
- Please avoid GFDL for documentation licensing:
https://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001
- Additionally, there is no GFDL License paragraph in debian/copyright.
- Also, in debian/copyright, lines under the Copyright paragraph are
expected to contain only this: copyright statements, no prosa text.
- debian/rules redefines SHELL, dpkg_buildflags and all compiler
environment variables, all of which is unnecessary. If you code needs
"-Izlib" to compile, please fix this in the build system.
- README.Debian is completely pointless, please remove.
- debian/patches/series contains a pointless comment line, please
remove.
- debian/source/lintian-overrides is empty, please remove.
- debian/source/options contains only comments, please remove.

That's all for now. Sorry, quite a bit of work left to do... :-/

Cheers,

 - Fabian