Workaround for bug #874598 - Ardour: GUI doesn't load

Hello everybody out there!

	I am using Debian 10 :

$ cat /etc/debian_version
10.1

	I am using Ardour 5 from standard distribution repositories:

$ aptitude versions ardour
i   1:5.12.0-3                                    stable
    900

	I have experimented bug #874598, i.e. Ardour GUI does not load. I have
asked for help on Ardour forum:

https://discourse.ardour.org/t/no-graphical-interface-with-ardour-5-on-debian-10/101633

	It turned out that this bug is a bug from GTK 2. As most developing
efforts from GTK team are on GTK 3 and 4, it seems quite unlikely that
the bug will be solved at all. But there is a quite simple workaround to
this, as indicated on Ardour bug tracker:

https://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=5605

	It is quite simple. Before running Ardour, you have to set a variable:

$ export GTK2_RC_FILES=/usr/share/themes/Adwaita/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

	Then run Ardour. I have tested this, with this workaround Ardour GUI
does load. I have sent a comment to Debian bug tracker for bug #874598 :

	But as it is the first time I propose some workaround to a bug, I want
to make sure I have done what is needed. So, can anyone confirm my
message is sufficient of if I should do something more?

	Best regards.

--
Yoann LE BARS
http://le-bars.net/yoann/