audiveris inclusion in Debian?

Hi all,

I've recently tried the "audiveris" software which is basically a tool which take a scanned musical partition in input (pdf, jpg,...) and execute an OCR recognition to output it as a mxl (music XML) file which you're then able to open in MuseScore as an example. This is making it a really great tool for musicians with no free-software alternative as far as I know.

I found out that there is a RFP (Request For Package) hanging around in the BTS for a while:

This software has been actively maintained by its developer for more than 10 years now.

I have no idea how to package this (java it seems) software properly. I hope with this email that it'll reach an interest here.

Cheers,
Olivier

Links:
- forge: https://github.com/Audiveris/audiveris/