Re: musescore_2.3.2+dfsg2-2exp1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into experimental

Hi Fabian,

>>    * Upload to experimental, again with the revert restriking patch
>
>just out of interest, what's the matter with this patch and what is
>upstream's stance about it?

It basically fixes audio. Upstream wants to have it only
when we have an end-user-friendly UI for assigning MIDI
channels to different voices in the same staff (instead
of assigning all voices to the same MIDI channel) for
those instruments that can sound them differently, or
for closed-score vocals (e.g. SA+TB). With restriking,
audio is also correct-ish, but interrupted, and with
restriking, the non-restriking behaviour cannot be
created, while the other way round is possible (just not
using the GUI at the moment).

I’m keeping a local version of that patch especially so
it does not get lost or breaks in some update (which just
happened in master/3.0), and for analysing bugreports.
(And for my own scores’ sound ☺)

I admit using Debian experimental as testbed for my own
patches, and occasionally those from others, although PR
merging upstream is sometimes slow even when agreed upon…

I fear the MIDI channel assignment UI is still not written
and thus won’t make it for 3.0 which is planned for this
month. (But I got the other planned changes out.) I’ll work
on it eventually though (unless someone else will).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
(gnutls can also be used, but if you are compiling lynx for your own use,
there is no reason to consider using that package)