Calf Plugins [Was: Re: Introducing myself]

Hi All,

I thought I would try and help Erich & Ubuntu Studio by taking a look at
Calf yesterday.

On 08/13/2018 12:54 AM, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:
> Hi James!
> On 8/12/2018 3:08 PM, James Cowgill wrote:
>> Hi Erich,
>> On 12/08/18 22:31, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:
>>> My name is Erich Eickmeyer. I am the current council chair for Ubuntu
>>> Studio, and my presence has been requested to join the Debian Multimedia
>>> Team by Simon Quigley.

[snip]

>>> I have created a debdiff to update the Calf plugins included in both
>>> Debian and Ubuntu, which would be a bugfix for both distributions. It
>>> updates the package to 0.90.1, and can be found here:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/calf/+bug/1769785
>> Since you've written it in the bug, you probably know that all
>> multimedia team packages are maintained in git on salsa. This means any
>> changes need to be in the form of a git branch based on the existing
>> work on salsa.

[snip]
I have applied Erich's debdiff on top of our salsa git repo.
Unfortunately, it seems a bit of a mix of CDBS and debhelper packaging
at the moment. But it sort of works.

> Yeah, the .1 release, which I have discussed with the upstream
> developer, contains fixes to bugs which would cause the plugins to crash
> Ardour. Another problem that was causing Ardour to crash is the old,
> abandoned, and deprecated calf-ladspa package (deprecated per upstream).
> The problem mostly happens when the two are installed at the same time,
> so I made the package such that the two cannot be installed at the same
> time at the author's request.

[snip]

>> This thread was the last thing mentioning calf packaging:
>> https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-multimedia-maintainers/2017-November/061765.html
>>
>> Jonas said he was going to look at it. I wonder if that has materialized?

Jonas,

I am close to having a tidy package using debhelper. Before I finish it,
and push the changes, I would like to check how attached to Calf you
are. I can drop you from Uploaders if you prefer and add myself (and
hopefully Erich later, once he gets the hang of working in Debian).

Regards,

Ross