Re: recent sound cards (available in India) which work on Debian wheezy

Hi Faheem,

> is there a good PCIe sound card that is well supported by Linux?

You could look at RME cards, but these may be massively overspecified
for what you need. My suggestion would be to go for class-compliant USB
audio in most use cases.

If you could describe how you use your soundcard (DJ, musician, gaming,
VOIP?), and with which applications, I could probably recommend a
specific model.

First, you may wish to track down the cause of the crackle. It's likely
to be an Intel HDA chipset on your motherboard, which have known issues:

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help_To_Debug_Intel_HDA

Have you confirmed that the mic works OK on another machine?

Cheers!

Daniel