Sadat X ft Pharoahe Monch & Phil G - This Is Our Thing [video]

  February 11th, 2013

Follow Us:

_________________________

KRS One
The BDP Album

_________________________

Bumpy Knuckles
& KRS One
Royalty Check

_________________________

K.T.A.
Kill The Autocrat
Live The Dream

_________________________

Dead Celebrity Status
The Throwaway Kids

Presents:

Sadat X

This Is Our Thing

Video

feat.
Pharoahe Monch
& Phil G.

                     Produced by: Grant Parks
                 Directed by:  Danny Joe Sorge
                     Artwork by: Elroy Klee

[click image]

Love, Hell or Right
Album

Available at ALL
Digital Retailers

iTunes

Amazon

CDs, T-Shirts & Red Vinyl Gatefold:

Amazon
 682Records.com

"The legendary MC known as Sadat X returns to the interwebs with a dope new track...finds Sadat X getting back into booth and doing his thing, as he shows off he’s still nice behind the mic after all these years doing it." Stupid Dope

"Hip hop veteran and Brand Nubian pioneer, Sadat X, is back. The X-man accompanied by emcee Phil G and his lyrical highness, Pharaohe Monch, brings us some classic heat on “This Is Our Thing.” Over a Grant Parks’ beat embedded by trumpets, drums, and good vibrations, the trio delivers straight street hip hop floetry." Killerhiphop

"Veteran rapper Sadat X has recruited Pharoahe Monch and Phil G. On top of being a solid track, "This is Our Thing" also shows its strong live potential with synths, strings and drums that could easily translate to the stage." Prefix Mag

"Once again, legendary MC Sadat X is here to show the hip-hop world that this game here isn’t just a youngin’s game." Okayplayer

"A freshly-minted street single off his forthcoming full-length, "This Is Our Thing" finds the Brand Nubian alumnus declaring his solidarity with all those carrying the torch for real hip-hop."
DJ Booth

[Trailer]

[Press Release]

Becoming a hip-hop legend is no easy feat. The drive, dedication, and degree of distinction that quantifies an emcee’s inherent worth, versus his or her weight in gold and platinum plaques, is an alchemy that eludes most. The ability to stand the test of time and ride the tide of changes in trends requires an unparalleled mastery of the art form and a keen eye that presents a challenge to many. After three decades in the game, it’s safe to say that Sadat X has more than earned his status in the pantheon of hip-hop. As a founding member of lauded hip-hop group Brand Nubian, the New Rochelle, NY native helped shape an influential new aesthetic in the genre during the early 90s. And now with the release of his ninth solo effort Love, Hell or Right on Canadian label 6.8.2 Records, Sadat X reminds hip-hop fans of his supreme lyrical prowess with a little of the old and a little of the new.

Of the album's appellation, "You have to go through hell in order to do right. It's dedicated to the hardworking people and not about fame and glory. Hip Hop spans the globe, its universal.  It's an art - it doesn't imitate, it creates.”

Love, Hell or Right is a heavy-hitting collection of 14 tracks from an emcee in his finest form with assists from some of hip-hop’s notable point guards. Featuring production from beatsmiths such as DJ Spinna (Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch), Showbiz (Fat Joe, Big L), Marco Polo (KRS-One, J-Live), Grant Parks (AG, KRS One), and Scram Jones (Mariah Carey, Ghostface Killah), the album takes its title from a degree lesson of the Five Percent Nation of Earths and Gods – a faith Sadat X has practiced since his early years with Brand Nubian. Though Love, Hell or Right shines a light on the lyrical aptitude of guest emcees Mysonne, N.O.R.E., Pharoahe Monch, Smif n’ Wessun, and Roc Marciano, the album also finds Sadat X journeying back to hip-hop’s golden era with featured artists such as Masta Ace, Dres (Black Sheep), Jarobi (A Tribe Called Quest), and AG (Showbiz & AG).

The album’s propulsive lead single “This Is Our Thing” features Pharoahe Monch and Phil G (produced by Grant Parks). Sadat X also took the opportunity to use Love, Hell or Right as a platform to speak about a largely ignored issue in hip-hop that continues to plague urban communities with his song “Cancer.”

“It’s grown man music. Now that my generation has grown and matured,
I’m making music for them."

Sadat X has expanded his horizons and added the titles of educator and firefighter to his impressive resume of skills and attributes. He has done voiceover work for World of Adventure Sports, Aura 360, and 360 Productions Group. He was recently featured on MTV's television series MADE  (Season 11) where he spent five weeks coaching an aspiring 17-year-old rapper from St. Louis, MO. Over the years, artists such as Jay Z, Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Common, MC Lyte, Miguel Migs, and even the alt-folk troubadour Jack Johnson have called upon Sadat X’s percussive flow and lyrical dexterity to bolster their already iconic outputs.

His majestic flow is ever present on Love, Hell or Right, a driving album that
stands as much more than just another notch in his belt as a solo artist and
a pioneering hip-hop figure.

###

Change email address / Leave mailing list