Re: Rick Taube's Grace ?

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 01:42:05PM -0400, vogelrl wrote:
> > > Ubuntu apparently has a package for Heinrich Taube's Grace program.

Please provide a link to this package.

> Grace, apparently, is the GUI for Common Music,

We are facing here some name space polution because there is the
plotting tool grace.  For the moment I simply suggest rt-grace (Rick
Taube Grace) which is probably suboptimal - I would use the same name as
Ubuntu has decided for.

> For an excellent description of this software, see Taube's book: Notes
> from the Metalevel.

I was rather seeking for a *short* description as it is used in the
Debian package information.  For this purpose I copied the short
paragraph at the homepage.  (I link to the Ubuntu package would have
helped here as well because I would have been able to copy from there.)

Just have a look at

   http://blends.alioth.debian.org/multimedia/tasks/soundsynth#rt-grace

> I would suggest that Debian should follow the CCRMA development efforts:
> https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software They are doing excellent work...but
> for some reason only for Fedora and CentOS.

I have no idea what you mean by "follow CCRMA effort" but the wording
"Debian should follow" does not make any sense in general.  The reason
is that Debian is a Do-O-Cracy:  The doer decides what gets done.  So if
you become involved in Debian and are just doing what you are proposing
it gets done.  If your work is interesting for others they will join
your effort and if you have questions to solve problems in your work
you probably will get help here or on other mailing lists.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de