MiniDisc support in Debian

Dear Debian Multimedia maintainers,

I have been working on a project together with a friends and other
very cool and talented people on the web to write a free and full
replacement of SonicStage [1] for Linux and other operating systems
based on a portable library for HiMD and NetMD Walkman, written in
Qt. Earlier releases of Debian (Etch IIRC) included a similar library
called "libnetmd" to provide similar MiniDisc functionality on Linux
but its support for the capabilities of the hardware were limited so
the upstream development and eventually the package have been dropped
since Debian Lenny.

We have started our project "linux-minidisc" in 2008 and have made
very good progress and already support various MiniDisc (both NetMD
and HiMD) Walkman and decks with completely free software
components. Our project wiki can be found at [2]. It lists all the
motivations and backgrounds of the software as well provides the
source code in a git repository.

Since we think that the software is very useful already for a large
amount of users, I have recently seeking for a mentor to sponsor the
appropriate Debian package "qhimdtransfer" [3], however without any
luck in finding a sponsor. Someone on the mentors list recommended me
to ask the Debian Multimedia team to join which I am officially doing
with this mail now.

So, if anyone here would be interesting in bringing full MiniDisc
support to Debian, please get in contact with me so we can discuss the
details.

Thanks,

Adrian

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SonicStage