reproduce it by manually compiling the latest upstream version (0.0.20090105):

0x00007ffff67de1bc in bg_singlepic_input_info () from /usr/lib/libgmerlin.so.0
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ffff67de1bc in bg_singlepic_input_info () from
/usr/lib/libgmerlin.so.0
#1  0x00007ffff67d9086 in bg_plugin_registry_create () from
/usr/lib/libgmerlin.so.0
#2  0x0000000000463681 in GmerlinFactory (this=0x7fffffffe3f0, menu=0x1ee7300) at
GmerlinFactory.cxx:34
#3  0x000000000042099b in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffe5f8) at nle_main.cxx:136

Hence, the issue lies in openmovieeditor and not in libgmerlin0. The two
possible solutions are either to create a standalone gmerlin-plugins package,
or to put back the plugins into the gmerlin package.

In either case, when packaging the new upstream release of openmovieeditor, it
should be needed to *manually* add a dependency to one of these package. It
needs to be manunal since it is not detected by ldd and the usual shlib
system.

Since the current gmerlin package is very small, I propose to add back the
plugins there. This would also avoid passing through the NEW queue, which is a
nightmare.

Romain