Re: Driver for video card question

On 6/28/09, John W Foster wrote:
> Any one know of a .deb  Debianized version of the ATI Catalyst driver
> for The ATI All-in-Wonder™ HD 3600 series of video cards chipset is
> radeon 3650 , the specific card is the VisionTek card (Visiontek ATI
> All-in-Wonder™ HD 3650)of the same type. I am aware that ATI/AMD supply
> this driver. Just want to know if I can manage easily with Debian.
> Thanks!

you can generate a deb with ati's installer:

$ sudo sh ati-driver-installer --buildpkg Debian/stable

or use --list-pkg to determine the appropriate version option

$ sudo sh ati-driver-installer --listpkg

p.s. the devel list is not a good place to as this question as this is
a very high-level user question and not a low-level development issue.

mike