Re: how can I contribute?

Felipe Sateler wrote:
El 09/01/09 13:56 Grammostola Rosea escribió:
Daniel James wrote:
Hi Rosea,

Can I invite more people to join the Debian-multimedia team and
improve Debian for music production?
Do you need more people to contribute?
I think help is always welcome. I think it's a question of finding the
right tasks for the right people though. Debian welcomes experienced
developers, but the barrier for entry is still high.

Debian itself doesn't have much infrastructure for users to help other
users, apart from mailing lists. In the 64 Studio project we
have some forums for this purpose: http://www.64studio.com/forum
On what kind of system do you need to build the packages for Debian
multimedia? I am running a Debian testing/ unstable mix right now....

You should build packages in unstable. You can accomplish this with a chroot if you don't want to move to unstable. See the pbuilder and cowbuilder packages.

Where can I find a good howto to use that stuff?

\r