Re: introduction / problem with video files

Daniel James schrieb:
> Hi Boris,
>
>> I bought a digital video camcorder and have big troubles with the
>> produced file format. It's a Toshiba Gigashot K80HE.
>
> Try a recent version of vlc or mplayer for playback, they are more likely
> to support this format than totem.
>
>> Now I want to process the files on my desktop PC and cut and author and
>> put new sound under it and so on.
>
> My suggestion would be to try a recent version of Open Movie Editor:
>
> http://www.openmovieeditor.org/download.html

Hej Daniel,

thanks for giving me this link! Im the meantime I learned that kino is
quite dead, while cinelerra is quite active. I will try different
authoring software but my first duty is to convert the source I have
from h264 in propriate quality. The input filter from openmovieeditor
seems to work in an identical way like the one from kino. At least the
quality is the same: It's not in good flow!

Boris