Re: liblo0-dev

Hi Daniel,

|--==> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:04:49 +0000, Daniel James <daniel@64studio.com> said:

  DJ> Hi Free,
  >>the Debian
  >>Multimedia Team in general is seriously lacking man power at the
  >>moment :(

  DJ> Is there a statistic which will help us identify which packages are
  DJ> falling behind? Something like a chart showing Sid version against
  DJ> upstream version, perhaps?

Yes, have a look here:

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org

You can access this page from the team's wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

Some of the packages do not report the latest upstream version because
no watch file was included in the relevant source package.

  DJ> The charts at http://www.debian-multimedia.org/statistics.php show
  DJ> that site alone is getting 1.5 million visits per month, so there's no
  DJ> shortage of Debian users interested in multimedia. Perhaps we need an
  DJ> initiative to recruit new maintainers, now that the barrier to entry
  DJ> has been lowered somewhat.

That's true, but I guess many of the visitors of debian-multimedia are
interested in getting packages not legally distributable by Debian,
like codecs and encoders/decoders. It's difficult to say how many of
them are actually interested in other types of audio/multimedia
packages.

An initiative for increasing the number of DDs in t he Debian
Multimedia Team would be a Good Thing, though :)

Ciao!

Free