Switching to git

Hi team,

since today we have git repository for our packages, it is hosted at:

http://git.debian.org

and I've already migrated the ardour source package from the former
SVN repository to the new git one, you can find it here:

http://git.debian.org/?p=demudi/ardour.git;a=summary

All members of the Debian Multimedia alioth project have write access
to the repository.

Git is a big step forward with respect to SVN; it makes collaborative
maintenance even more effective and the maintenance process in general
much cleaner (especially when it comes to manage patches).

For those of you new to git I'd suggest these documents:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html
http://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.html

Once you get to know it, you won't never look back :)

Ciao,

Free