Re: CinePaint removed from testing

(hrm; apparently I've been bcc:ed?)

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 09:47:36AM -0800, Robin Rowe wrote:
> Hi. I'm the CinePaint project leader. I got a note from Daniel James at
> 64Studio that CinePaint has been removed from Debian. I tried contacting
> Debian maintainer Andrew Lau by email, but got no reply.

> Daniel pointed me toward the Debian bug  report, see below. I don't know
> what it means. What's the problem? What needs to be done?

> Thank you!

That would be the bug that caused cinepaint to be removed from testing, but
the package has also been removed now from unstable due to
http://bugs.debian.org/437837 (as listed at
http://ftp-master.debian.org/removals-2007.txt).

If there is now a version of cinepaint that doesn't require GTK+1.2, then I
guess at least one cause for its removal has been superseded and the package
could be re-added to Debian if someone is willing to maintain it.