Re: [Pkg-icecast-devel] backporting icecast and ezstream

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:05:29PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:25:50AM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> >(debian-multimedia@l.d.o and debconf-video@l.dc.o added to Cc:)
> >On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 04:39:07AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 07:15:13PM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> >> Here you go:
> >> deb http://debian.jones.dk/ etch icecast
> >> Compiled for i386 and amd64.  Tell me if you need other packages
> >> backported too.
> >Excellent! thank you very much. I'll test tomorrow with these. Any
> >chance you can get them into backports.org? Your personal apt repo is
> >fine for my personal use and for pre-debconf testing, but I think the
> >debconf server admins want them in bpo if we are to use them for dc8.
>
> Sorry - won't do that extra work:
>
>    * Either a few helper tools needs to be backported (like I've done
>      at http://debian.jones.dk/pkg/src ) or packages needs to be
>      adjusted to use older versions of those helper tools (and tested
>      that it does not cause regressions!)
>
>    * Backported icecast2 links against backportet libshout.  I believe
>      bpo does not allow linking against anything but Etch libraries
>
> I fail to see how packages backported and signed by the package
> maintainer is any worse that bpo (yes, I compile inside chroot but as
> noted above not entirely "clean" ones - but I contaminate as least as
> possible IMHO).

No worries. If it's too much pain or just plain against policy, we can
have our own small repo for video stuff at dc8.

> >As for other packages ... We need a fixed ffmpeg2theora as I believe the
> >etch version still has #429937: no large file support.
>
> I'll have a look at that.

I read the bugs more closely, now. I think it's just that it hasn't
built on mipsel, plus 0.19 was removed from testing and somehow that
messed things up:
http://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=ffmpeg2theora

> >At the moment, the only other thing I can think of is more a "would be
> >nice" but, not necessary item: libtheora0 in order to take advantage of
> >the faster decoder (which is actually also used by the encoder, iiuc).
>
> Compiled now - will rebuild the others to ensure they take advantage of
> it (although I suspect rebuilding might not be needed as it is a shared
> library and the so version was not bumped).

Excellent. Thank you again for your help.

-Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.