Re: Multimedia Teams in Debian

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 05:12:28 tim hall wrote:
> Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I had created a list of all teams findable for the period of the year
> > 2007: http://krum.ethz.ch/ddc/teams-of-2007.txt
> >
> > Is there a reason why there's two multimedia groups in Debian?
> >
> > Is there a chance or interest to merge them together?
>
> are you referring to the fact that there is a 'Debian Multimedia
> Packages Maintainers' and 'Debian Multimedia Team'? I believe the split
> is deliberate for administrative reasons. AFAIU debian-multimedia is the
> umbrella, including testers, interested users etc. and used for general
> discussion; pkg-multimedia-maintainers is specifically for the
> maintainers of multimedia packages and is focussed on functional
> requirements for producing packages.

I'm not really sure this is right:
% grep-aptavail -FMaintainer,Uploaders
debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org -sPackage | wc -l
54

I tried to maintain the csound package within the debian-multimedia team, but
it seemed pretty much dead, which is why I moved out.
OTOH, if what you say is right, maybe I tried in the wrong place.

--
Felipe Sateler