Re: STK 4.3.0 released

On Monday 01 October 2007 18:42:41 Thomas de Grivel wrote:

> I need an uploader though I still wonder about the usability of this
> package : the debian package has binaries with support for oss,
> alsa and jack but the installed headers do not provide them unless
> the user defines some (unprefixed) macros like __LINUX_ALSA__.
>
> I feel we should at least create some config.h at compilation and
> maybe include it in stk headers, or let the user include it. Another
> less intrusive solution would be to create a pkgconfig file. I can do
> both. Maybe even upstream would be interested ?

A quick glance through the sources suggest that such macros are really used
only when building the stk source files, but not in the installed header
files, except for defining some unix-specific macros/typedefs/includes. Since
all debian-generated versions will be unix-based, maybe it makes sense
to "hardcode" the macros at installation time, or provide a config.h that
gets included by all needing headers. The .pc file I think is not optimal
since there is a chance that someone might not use it to get the appropriate
CXXFLAGS.

It should not be difficult to change configure.ac to create a config.h that
contains the apropriate definitions.

--

	Felipe Sateler