Re: BWF audio format

Martin Granger wrote:
Hello there
(this is my first message to this list)

I've just bought a Fostex FR2 digital recorder. Unfortunately, it produces BWF
files, which are not recognized by Audacity. Does anyone know a software which
could help ?
I'm running Ubuntu dapper. Could turning to Demudi help me handle BWF files ?

Probably not. Most of the software for Ubuntu, 64studio and DeMuDi comes through Debian. Generally speaking, either you have the codec installed, which often allows all applications to negotiate the format, or you don't. Debian based distros are only going to support Open Sourced codecs ootb, if you want support for proprietary codecs (like mp3) then you will have to stroke the furry hoof and use non-free sources. I'm not familiar with BWF format, so I'm afraid I can't offer you any messages of hope.

cheers,

tim
/|\