Re: No Dual monitor support for S3 Inc. 86C270-294 Savage/IX-MV (rev 13)

On 4/20/07, malik martin <laserbeak43@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a dual-head video card in my laptop. well i have 1 extra VGA
out on the back.
in windows, when i plug a monitor in, i get two different screens.
just like a dual monitor setup.

i cant seem to get this to work in debian. i've read

I suppose you are not interested in a "clone" set up? I was able to
set up my laptop (iBookG4) in clone mode to an external
monitor/projector. I am also able to use my desktop with dual-head
nvidia card for two monitors in "extended" desktop mode, ie two
different screens (two diff resolutions)..

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors

this was very useful for me.. and some tweaking after that... if you
want i can post my xorg.conf. though i don't know if that will help
for the specific card that you have. What driver do you use btw?

--
Regards
PK