Re: [FWD] Re: [Jackit-devel] parallel installs to die

Hi Junichi,

On 12/9/06, Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:
Hi,

> If so I think we could drop these patches:
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/demudi/jack-audio-connection-kit/trunk/debian/patches/02_release-in-libjack-name.patch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/demudi/jack-audio-connection-kit/trunk/debian/patches/04_configure_in_jack_version.patch?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
>
> and rename the library packages accordingly, something like libjack0 and
> libjack-dev or libjack0-dev.

I have a few concerns.

1. there are already libjack0 packages under the same name which are incompatible

To which packages are you refering exactly? Searching the package db
for libjack do does not show them:

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=libjack&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

2. will they be compatible in the future, or are we going to see
  runtime errors when they have become no longer compatible ?

As far as I understood the jack-audio-connection-kit developers are
pretty aware of the issue and are going to deal with this upstream.

I´m ccing the jack development mailing list, to let them confirm directly
this point.

Ciao,

Free