Re: IRC presence?

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:41:54 +0100, Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:

Is there an IRC channel that would be relevant for us
to join on a regular basis, or should we create one?
For example #debian-multimedia at Freenode?

I'd prefer #debian-multimedia at OPN, but having a channel in both
would be fine, even better would be a channel that is gated.
I have problems connecting to freenode with my bot.

 You mean irc.osdn.org?  That looks like a much smaller IRC network
than Freenode.  I wonder how many of you hang out there?

 It is perfectly OK for me to add small IRC networks to my setup;
it is very little hassle with my IRC client.  But I know that
others dislike it, and prefer to have a minimal set of servers to
connect to.

 There is some extra value in using an IRC network that hosts
many Debian-related channels.  Apart from Freenode, which IRC
networks have many Debian-related channels?

--
Herman Robak