Re: Re:%20no%20sound%20intel%20915%20chipset

Well I finally have it going :)
To cut a long story short. It seems for some reason when i had my speakers pluged into the front jack ports of my machine they were not fully recognised. I could get blurbs from them but as soon as tried plugging them in the back all was fine.
I might have to investigate a little further as to why, but for now, it works.
Here is what i had to do to get sound working for my intel 915 debian sarge setup

1) downloaded the 2.6.12-1-686 kernel (via synaptic)
2) rebooted into the new kernel
3) installed the alsa-base "1.0.10" (via synaptic)
4) rebooted again, to start everything "alsa wise"
5) unmuted the mixer
6) pluged my speakers into the back of the machine , instead of the front

hope somebody gets some value from this :)