Re: RFS: mimms - MMS (mms://) streaming media download utility

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 22:59, Wesley J Landaker wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm looking for a sponsor for the mimms package. This upload would close
> ITP bug #221806.
[snip

> Anyway, here are it's vitals:
>
> Package: mimms (formerly known as mmsclient, forked for maintainence)
>  MiMMS, formerly called "mmsclient", is a simple client to download
>  streaming audio and/or video media from the internet using the MMS
>  protocol (i.e. from mms:// type URLs, generally found in asx files).
>  Downloaded streams can then be replayed offline at your leisure,
>  using any compatible media player of your choice.
> License: GPL
>
> The package is lintian and linda clean and builds cleanly in pbuilder.
>
> Source and binary packages can be downloaded from:
> <http://www.icecavern.net/~wjl/debian/mimms/>

Thanks for all your work.  Being able to d/l such media will be
way cool.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"All machines, no matter how complex, are considered to be based
on 6 simple elements: the lever, the pulley, the wheel and axle,
the screw, the wedge and the inclined plane."
Marilyn Vos Savant