Re: [Free Ekanayaka <free@agnula.org>] Re: [Agnula-Developers] [ demudi-Feature Requests-723 ] Compile Muse 0.6.3 with givertcap support

Free Ekanayaka <free@agnula.org> writes:

> I'm not sure to fully understand what the problem is.. anyhow I gave a
> glance at the  Makefile in realtime-0.0.3.tar.gz,  but it seems to  me
> that just having  the usual /usr/src/linux  tree would suffices, and I
> think this  is  a usual  requirement  for most  debian  kernel modules
> packages..

Maybe so.  I don't claim to fully understand any of it.  :-)

I don't have a very clear picture of the build machine setup when
compiling a kernel module package.  I suppose the kernel-source-2.6.x
would be a build dependency.  Perhaps it's not as difficult as I
imagine.  The kernel *does* have to be configured appropriately, else
it won't work.
--
  joq